You have a great product. You also have a website that talks about how great your product is. So why aren’t the leads coming in consistently?
There are a few key steps to getting more consistent leads, and most of them require fresh and relevant content. This is the best way for potential buyers to find you through the noise of an already saturated online market.
To help you understand better, we’ve created a little analogy. By comparing your landing page to a physical store. What is a landing page? Well let’s get on to the first step then.
1. START – Build a clean and straightforward landing page.
Landing pages serve as a one-stop-shop where you can educate your consumer, sell your service and generate leads at the same time. If you’ve ever seen a webpage with a specific offer (like a quotation, free demo or ebook) that you could access by giving your email address–that, is a landing page.
Landing pages are quick and simple to set up. According to Unbounce’s landing page expert Oli Gardner, a landing page must contain 5 essential things:
- Your Unique Selling Proposition
- The hero shot (Image/Video)
- The benefits of your offering
- A single conversion goal – in other words, your Call-To-Action
Click here for a more detailed description of each element.
2. ATTRACT – Show the benefits of your brand with visual content.
Just like putting up a display on your store, give your visitors something that will catch their eye and peak their interest.
Photos – Place attractive images such as that of a hero shot on your landing page, and other engaging visual content. With a visitor’s short attention span, it’s a lot easier and more efficient to tell a story visually. A great example of images that tell stories are before and after photos, diagrams, progress charts and the like.
Testimonials – A customer’s own great experience will give you a lot more credibility than any self promotion. Put in a bunch of rave reviews of your product or service as it has the power to be that final push for a visitor to pick up the phone or send you that email.
Videos – Videos are one of the most attention-grabbing and persuasive forms of content on the web. They are great for telling stories, introducing a product, and are a good format for testimonials too!
3.ENGAGE – Captivate and educate your visitors with modern and powerful interactive content.
Think of interactive content as having that pleasant salesman in the store. He is there to answer your visitors questions and understand what it is exactly that the customer is looking for. Interactive content comes in the form of quizzes, tests, calculators, interactive infographics and white papers. The beauty of interactive content is that it allows you to educate your prospects and give them information they want, which makes them more likely to engage with you and eventually sign up for your offer.
4. DIRECT – Point the way to your landing page through social media and other inbound marketing efforts.
Social media and inbound marketing are the modern ways of spreading the word and pointing arrows to your shop.
1. Social media – You can start by creating a Google+ Business account, a Facebook fan page, and a Twitter profile. Don’t stress because you can limit the upkeep to less than 5 minutes per day. Have a designer make all of your social profiles to look attractive and professional. Then, begin adding content.
Every time you create a new blog post on your website, add the link to each of your social profiles. There are services out there such as Buffer that allow you to automatically post to your social media accounts. Aside from your blog posts, add 2 updates per day. Post funny photos, relevant quotes, links or articles. Do this even if you don’t have any followers or fans yet. Google checks the overall social presence of your business and factors that into your search ranking.
2. Location-based marketing – Using a free tool like Google+ Business can be very helpful in getting your website and business ‘discovered’ in your local. It allows your business to show up on people’s maps when they search for a business within a specific place. If your physical location matches the zip code of the ‘searcher’, there is a big chance that you will be featured in the top of the search listings.
3. Paid Search – We’re talking about Bing Ads and Google Adwords. Among paid ads, these are the ones that are proven to generate the highest ROI. The process in managing these ad platforms can be tedious and overwhelming, so you might want to consider hiring an external company to do this for you. In the long run, you will save a lot of time and money.
Lastly, we’ll leave you with these facts from SmartInsights.com:
1-4% of landing page visitors convert to leads BUT having RELEVANT and ALTERNATIVE content produces 9% less bounce and 4.5% more leads.
More importantly, 35-65% of alternative content viewers convert.
Now that you are equipped with a fairly simple roadmap to follow, we hope you get started with a lot more confidence. Feel free to print this out or share with your team. We hope to see you at the end of this road with a great big smile and more consistent leads.